The following projects received funding from the Columbus Area Philanthropy Council:
- Recess for Mom & Dad – A project to help support families who struggle with finding respite care for their high needs dependents.
- Fidget Quilts for Alzheimer’s Patients – Creating small lap quilts for sensory and tactile stimulation for someone with Alzheimer’s or related dementia.
- Hair Care with Flair – Providing special hair product supplies and training for cancer patients during their treatment period.
- Improve Girl Scout Park – Upgrade Girl Scout Park with picnic tables, fire pit and concrete pad for area events, meetings or gatherings
Partially funded winners selected by the Columbus Area Philanthropy Council Committee include:
- Helping Kids in the Community – Care/School/Comfort packages for children served through the Center for Survivors.
- Birthday in a Box – Birthday boxes for low income youth to be identified through Food Pantry or area elementary school referrals
Projects funded by community members include:
- Continue Learning with Drones – Purchase of Drones for the After School Program to provide additional learning opportunities for students
Individuals or businesses interested in donating toward future Youth Philanthropy Contest projects, can attend the November 27 BAH event or contact Ashley Karges at firstname.lastname@example.org.